Microsoft® PC/SC compatible smart card reader/writer
PC/SC standard (PC/Smartcard) was developed to ensure compatiblility between smart cards, smart card readers/writers and computers produced by different manufacturers.
This new technology integrating smart cards and PC’s was based on the current ISO 7816 standard and supports business-specific applications such as EMV (Europay, Mastercard, Visa) and GSM (Global Standard for Mobile Communication). This new technology allows application developers to take advantage of the smart cards portability and hardware-based security, both critical factors for the development of secure applications.
- Spezifications for cryptographic functionality and secure storage
- Programming interface for communication with smart card and PC/SC card reader device connected to a PC
- High-level application interface, to make it easier to build Smartcard applications.
- PC/SC compatible API interface for Microsoft®
- Drivers for Windows®
- Serial RS-232-C (V.24) interface or USB
- Status shown by LED
Supports the following smart cards:
- T=0 (GSM, french Bankcards)
- T=1 (Geldkarte Germany)